Project Engineer II
Date created: 10/3/2022
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Position Purpose: The Project Engineer II is responsible for leading and providing technical support for New Product Development and Sustaining Projects with moderate to high complexity. Technical support may include: product design and development, manufacturing process implementation and optimization, quality improvements, equipment setup and qualification. The Project Engineer II will create project quotes and statement of work documents for new business opportunities, and work with suppliers to procure new components and equipment. The Project Engineer II will have direct contact with customers to present technical information and provide project updates. The project engineer II will manage cross functional teams and customers to ensure project meets intended cost and timing milestones. They will also be responsible for providing training, guidance, and coaching for operators.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, strategize and execute projects for new product development and sustaining initiatives..
- Follow all FDA regulations, ISO standards, customer requirements, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as defined by Medisurge’s policies and procedures
- Work with customers to create quotes for new manufacturing and Development business opportunities
- Conduct qualification and validation activities for process design and development, design of devices, and research of concepts.
- Work closely with the operations team to complete new product launches. This may include direct oversight of clean room operations and personnel at times.
- Author and execute change orders, engineering project plans, and development plans.
- Communicate project status updates at regularly scheduled management team meetings and customer drumbeats.
- Design and build or facilitate purchase of manufacturing equipment, both automated and manual, for the purpose of assembly, packaging, quality assurance, testing or facility improvement.
- Provide mentorship and direction to Project Engineer I and intern level employees • Identify opportunities for cost, lead time, inventory, and defect reduction
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required; Master’s in engineering or MBA a plus.
- Experience in project management and/or manufacturing engineering is preferred.
- Medical device industry experience preferred.
- Design development experience is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience
- Ability to work in a self-directed, rapidly changing company
- Energetic and excited about the growth of a company and increasing market share and profitability
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings, including project supplier and customer meetings
- Well organized and able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple deliverables while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong planning, analytics, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Work effectively within cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills should include CAD, project management software, Microsoft suite, statistics analysis, company accepted communications methods.
- Some of the work is performed in a typical office environment and includes long periods of sitting at a desk, computer use, and frequent use of hands
- This position does require moderate amounts of walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, and twisting
- Employee may be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Some travel may be required
Pillars of Beliefs:
All employees support and follow the pillars of beliefs.
- Passion for exceeding the needs of our customers
- Dedication to providing great leadership for everyone who works at Alliant Healthcare
- Devotion to the best quality in everything we do
- Commitment to holding ourselves and each other accountable for our success
- Genuine concern for the needs of everyone who comes in contact with Alliant Healthcare
This is a full-time position at our Grand Rapids location.
To apply, click the button below to submit resume and cover letter or send an email to: [email protected]